Monday, April 13, 2009

Tramp The Dirt Down



Some labour berk e mailed Derek Draper (what rock did he crawl back out from under?) with some salacious gossip and the bastard Tories and the media have, predictably, taken leave of their senses. The culprit has gone, but Cameron is furious and wants an apology from Brown. It seems that Cameron is always furious about something and always in need of an apology. He is like a child, he puts me in mind of Violet Elizabeth Bott.

I'm not convinced that his rage is always genuine, I think that he thinks that the public like to see displays of righteous indignation, so he plays to his particular gallery. Personally, whenever I see his outraged face on the box I want to heave my guts up, but then I don't think he cares very much what I think. Whatever, whether his rage is genuine or not, we see too much of it. We don't need a leader who is in a permanent state of high dudgeon, we need a leader who is capable of remaining calm and slightly aloof from the fray, in order to make rational decisions. So I offer some gentle and friendly advice to the young toff............grow up or fuck off.

It seems that there is a faint whiff of hypocrisy in the air.

The football season is reaching it's denouement and Blues lie in a very handy second place and still the air around St Andrews is full of bitching and whining. We had a good win against Wolves followed by a poor draw against Charlton. After the Wolves win we were world beaters apparently, with the best fans in the world. After the Charlton draw, we are once again, clueless, managed by an incompetent idiot. There is little sense of perspective amongst Blues fans theses days; it is always feast or famine and, frankly, it gets on my nerves.

Oh dear

There was a very good article in yesterdays Herald about Thatchers legacy, which I would recommend to everyone.

And there is a brilliant article in the Independent by Jason Cowley on being a football fan, then and now.

If you have Spotify, have a listen to California Bloodlines, an album by John Stewart from 1969. It is astonishingly good. I have no idea how I came across it, but there is the beauty of Spotify..............you just keep finding stuff.

No comments: