Tuesday, November 26, 2002

Aki has updated. He seems to be in a bit of a mood.

Time to show my ignorance again. I noticed a review of "Memoirs of a Beatnik" by Diane di Prima in the Guardian. Of course I had never heard of her, but a cursory google search brings forth so much that it is obvious she is another major artist of whom I have managed to remain blisfully ignorant. There is plenty more here.
The Guardian review refers to "Howl" by Ginsberg.

Me and Kwacky have had some run ins on Blues message boards, but credit where it is due, he has himself a nice blog.

There was a link on mefi to various snowflake sites. I thought this one, with its images of snowflakes would be beautiful, but it isn't, the snowflakes look like cheap plastic baubles. Mind you I hated Miss Smillas Feeling for Snow and could barely tolerate Snow Falling On Cedars.
One of the best books I ever read as a nipper involved a kid jumping off a train and having to yomp across miles and miles of snow covered fenland I think. It was some sort of a thriller. I can't remember who it was by or what it was called, but it was great, which shows I am not completely biased against snow.
di Prima has a snow poem .

I know I have posted this Battleship game before, not on here though I don't think. It's very good, if chuffin frustrating.

The U.S gets tough with Saudi Arabia. I will believe it when I see it.

I love a good backlash. Richard Picciotto, the fire chief who was in the world trade centre on 9/11 and has written a book which has been serialised in just about every newspaper in the world , gets a bit of stick.

Pictures of lightning

No comments: