Saturday, February 22, 2003

It is about time Blues started picking up some points and tomorrow would be a good time to start. I don't subscribe to the theory that Liverpool have become a poor team. Bad trots are relative and we would gladly swap places with them, in fact we would all have altitude sickness. Still, it's a tough league and we have to beat good teams if we are to survive. I believe we will survive, mainly because the teams below us are woeful, but I also believe we will win tomorrow, and Christophe Dugarry will score. Piddle of piss.

Phoenix Rangers under 14's managed by a Blues fan, have themselves a new sponsor: Edwin Starr. (Times Link)
Another Times link, to a big long interview with the odious Alex Ferguson.

Shane Warne, the worlds best leggie, probably ever, has been banned for 12 months for taking a performance enhancing drug. This bewilders me. All he has to do, is walk, not run, to the wicket and twirl his magical arm 6 times. Then he stands about for a bit. How the hell can you enhance that? Warwickshire should get him in for the duration of the ban to coach the nippers.

Mike Tysons car crash of a career and life continue their downward spiral. The cynic in me suspects that all the ballyhoo about him having flu and going on the lash and missing training are attempts to drum up publicity. Whatever, getting whacked on a fresh tattoo has got to come sharp!
Tonya Harding fights on the undercard, is it a boxing promotion or a freak show?

England went to the home of Welsh rugby, which is proud to call itself a cauldron, and won 26 - 9, scoring their first try whilst a man short. They would have scored earlier but for some blatant Welsh cynicism, which the ref remarked upon. Yet all I have heard since is how crap England are and how well the Welsh played and how they were unlucky. Bloody Nora. It will be good to be back in blighty for a few hours tomorrow.

Interview with Chris Morris
Bush speeches on Smokehammer.....superb.

Just finished reading Then You Die by Michael Dibdin... brilliant, I can barely believe it had poor reviews. I now have a pile of about a dozen recently purchased and as yet unread books to choose from and I am having a spot of bother deciding. Will probably give Tishomingo Blues a go.
Talking of books if you are ever in my neck of the woods you will find well meaning , but misguided people telling you how the "second hand book capital of the world", Hay on Wye must be visited. Don't go, it is a shithole. A ghetto for middle class hippies and the prices are outrageous. All the shops smell and the books are usually in a terrible condition. There is a dude in Abergavenny market who sells much better quality books at about half the price, which means I spend a fortune there, so it is no saving at all really. Don't say you havent been told.

The Friday Five:
1. What is your most prized material possession?
Very difficult to choose between my breadmaker and CD re writer. Mind you I don't know how I would manage without my various magimixes either. As I am still like a nipper in a sweetshop with the re writer, It will have to be that I suppose.

2. What item, that you currently own, have you had the longest?
God knows, some piece of vinyl, hidden in a box in the garage and completely worthless and unplayable probably.

3. Are you a packrat?
I beg your pardon?

4. Do you prefer a spic-and-span clean house? Or is some clutter necessary to avoid the appearance of a museum?
I like a bit of clutter, which is a bit of bugger as Mrs Buddha likes no clutter at all.

5. Do the rooms in your house have a theme? Or is it a mixture of knick-knacks here and there?
Paraphenalia of nipper is this years black, I believe.

The Himalayan art project

A replying to spam generator type thingy

Robert Fisk. com. I don't think this is an official site, but one that someone keeps for .. er dunno really. It's pretty good though.



No comments: