Thursday, February 13, 2003

Reckless Administration May Reap Disastrous Consequences
by US Senator Robert Byrd
Senate Floor Speech - Wednesday, February 12, 2003

There is a brutal and genocidal conflict going on in the Ivory Coast of which we hear little. This is one intervention I approve of.

It's a curious thing, Blogpatrol tells me that most of my visitors arrive here after searching on google for the Saddameter. I make no apologies for posting it again. It looks grim. It also looks incorrect, it is chuffing inevitable and it is coming sooner rather than later.

Have a moan.

How Valentines day works

44% of Americans don't know their arse from their elbow Apologies if I am stealing the thunder of Rags.

100th Window has had very mixed reviews but it sounds ok to me. Maybe not as groundbreaking as the others but as good as anything else that has appeared in the 4 years since the last one. Sometimes I think people expect too much.
While I am at it I shall recommend Calexico's Feast Of Wire which I reckon is the best thing they have ever done and the latest masterpiece from Bonnie Prince Billy, Master and Everyone

Neal Pollack translates the Bin Laden tape. Very funny.

Anyone who visits regularly will know most of the stuff I put on here is nicked from B3TA. In an effort to further confuse Americans they believe a new cockney rhyming slang is needed and that it should be photoshopped. I love the cat skin mittens.

I dunno if this makes me a sad git or not but I have the first 4 albums on this list, and actually have about half of it overall. Any excuse to post a list, however outdated.

A profile of one of the good guys, Vaclav Havel, a politician unafraid to have a hinterland. We won't be seeing many more like him I don't think.

The Onion asks dozens of celebrities(?) who they could take in a fight.

An excerpt from Drop City, the new novel by T. Coraghessan Boyle.

Garlic Soup
Skordalia

The eldest nipper went to a valentines disco earlier. He's 8.

No comments: