Wednesday, June 25, 2003

I believe Thanksgiving is quite a big deal in the U.S of A. It gave us Planes Trains and Automobiles, and for that, I give thanks.
Thanks to mefi, for the Thanksgiving poem by William Burroughs.
The Guardian guide to Thanksgiving.
Answers to more crucial Thanksgiving questions.


Another fantastic random clicky thing, this time of street photos. Apart from the Paris ones, a sample of which is above, you probably won't know where you are, but who cares.

I like the look of this TV reviewing site. There isn't much on it yet, but it has potential. Unbelievably, there is no review for the Sopranos, that will change very soon, I suspect.

The Bluetitch 5
1/ What is the biggest lie you've ever told?
I won't......no that joke is too disgusting even for me. I once lied to get a job, then having got the job had to confess that I had lied because it was about to become very obvious. Not a big lie just a stupid one. Sacked before I started.
2/ What is the biggest lie you've ever been told? I was grievously and pointlessly lied to by 2 health professionals I am suppossed to be working in partnership with last week. One of the ugly chuffers actually lied either to or about me 3 times (that I know of) just last week. This is actually a very big thing and has pissed me off immensley. The fuck faced cowbag knows of it and has ignored it, leaving me to deal with it myself, which will have inevitably messy consequences. Not the biggest, I suppose but cumulatively, the one that is pissing me off most, right this minute.
3/ What is the biggest secret you've ever kept?
Well, it wouldn't be a secret if I said, would it?
4/ What is the biggest secret you've not kept?
Mrs Buddha's first pregnacy
5/ What is the "best" lie you've ever heard being told?
Er, can't think of one, in general I don't approve, unless it is to save my own skin.

Addendum to the five, one of my favourite lyrics is from what led me to this town by The Jayhawks, which includes the line, "can I tell you a secret...I'm in love with you". Also, truth time, this was meant to be a gratuitous link to Wilco, until I realised I had got the wrong band.

The firemans strike is a bit of a sore point in our house and no longer to be discussed. Mrs Buddha supports them wholeheartedly and unreservedly. She keeps taking them boxes of biscuits and stuff. I have taken up a slightly different position. Anyway, this article about firemen and braziers made me chuckle, and really shouldn't offend either side, it's just a giggle, but true enough.

The BBC held a great Britons poll, and Winston Churchill won it. Well, that is just embarrassing really, Churchill was a git, quite prepared to send troops in against his own people.

Princess Diana irritated me intensely before her death, and even more after it. The continued hagiography of her by the press drives me mad, as prior to her death she was regarded as a vacuous dilettante. So I am more than happy that I can share this, which is a fair summation of her life and achievments.

ROFLMBO: a useful guide to internet abbreviations

My campaign against Saudi Arabia continues.

Yet another Blues fan starts a blog. Hugh Mungus this time; I have high hopes for this one.

No comments: