Saturday, September 27, 2008

I Don't Want To Go To Chelsea



There is a good piece in today's Independent praising the lower football leagues. There is an emphasis on there seeming to be a greater connection between the clubs and the fans, which, unfortunately, isn't true of the Blues and there is also an insistence that the atmosphere in the grounds is better than in the prem, which again, sadly, isn't the case with the Blues. If only my two local non league teams played in a proper ground, rather than athletics stadiums with only one side of the pitch having a stand, I would go and watch the odd game, but somehow, it just doesn't feel right.

We don't seem to be able to open up a paper without reading about some controversy related to creationism, here's what a Buddhist thinks of it.

Blues play Cardiff this afternoon, in a game that they will win easily. In fact we will moida da bums. Cardiff is about 20 miles from where I sit, yet I am sitting here, not there. This is because the game has been designated a "bubble match". I have no idea what this means, but, in essence, had I wished to attend today's game as a Birmingham fan, I would have been required to purchase a ticket and travel from the club. So I would have had to get up this morning, drive 90 odd miles to Birmingham, only to come straight back again on the coach, even then I would not have been given a ticket, only a voucher, which I would then exchange for a ticket at some mystery location. I think proof of identity would also be required. I would then have to go We hear again and again from Washington that we have turned a corner in Iraq and are on the path to victory. If so, it is a strange victory.to Brum on the coach so I could drive myself back to where I started. If had wanted to sample one of the many delights that Cardiff and its environs has to offer I would have been out of luck.

We hear again and again from Washington that we have turned a corner in Iraq and are on the path to victory. If so, it is a strange victory.like fun, doesn't it?

No comments: