Saturday, December 21, 2002

I don't know what to do. It's 1.30 a.m here and I have just found the best article on parenting ever, and it's seasonal. It's that odd hinterland between today and tomorrow, if I stick it on todays posts no one will see it. But I can't stick it on tomorrows because according to the clock on Blogger tomorrow is still today.
It's so good it will have to have it's own little post all to itself. Believe me it's funny, astute and brilliant.
Funny how all of a sudden I assume people actually read this drivel.

Whoops loooks like it's today after all. I take it all back!

Games room


Images from the Vietnam war.

Little Korean flash game. Unpleasant.


Blues 1 Charlton 1
Not bad I suppose, a point is a point, but we have a very difficult period ahead. I never, ever put money on Blues to win lose or draw. I believe 4-1 is available on us for relegation though and in my opinion that is still a distinct possibility. Everyone knows Christmas is a crucial period, but our upcoming games are make or break. If we can get some points from the next 4 games, any points, we will be ok. We could easily end up with none though and get sucked into the shit, in which case it will be very difficult to climb out.

I am hopeful though, just pointing out that there is generous price about us, not that I would ever take it. I confidently expect us to get another 23 points before now and the end of the season, which will leave us well clear of the drop.


Everton are next up and everyone will have the chance to shout out "OH GAWD THEY'VE HAD TOO MUCH CHRISTMAS PUD!!". Everyone seems surprised by the good form shown by Everton but I'm not, they have an excellent manager who did brilliantly with Preston. As capably as we are performing I would still have preferred him to replace our previous manager rather than Bruce. There is a good profile of him here. Note that he has a passion for knowledge and is the only British manager who possesses the European coaches license. I know some scoff that you don't need a badge to put a few cones out, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating, and anything that give a side an edge has to be good. The more knowledge you have the greater the possibility of finding that edge.


Interview with our very own Aliou Cisse.


Young Blues fan Flavio recommends listening to Gilles Petterson while you surf. He is sage beyond his years.

Some Santa mythology.

The transfer window.

No comments: