Friday, January 31, 2003




George Bush / monkey interface

Dear Penis
Penis navel ring

Tidy the socks up

If anyone is wondering what to get me for my birthday, I will have a diner, please.
Diner directory
My favourite film

It would appear that the Strokes have finished their new album and this geezer has heard it. I lost patience though, first he bigs up The Knack, who of course would have been better named The Cack, then he bangs on about how this most quintessential of New York bands (and sons of privilege) sound like a Detroit garage band. I will revisit that site when the dude starts to try a little less hard. Don't let me put you off though.

Found a new Friday Five on Sarahs very scary, very red blog.
Last weeks was better but I shall have a go at this weeks anyway:
1: As a child, who was your favorite superhero/heroine? Why?
I didn't really identify with superheroes as a nipper, just like I can't get on with sci fi now, I just cannot suspend my disbelief to that extent. Having said that I vaguely recall liking Spiderman above the others. My true hero was Alf Tupper the tuff of the track.
2: What was one thing you always wanted as a child but never got?
At the risk of sounding Pelzerish, or, God forbid, Mcourtish, we were brought up in extreme poverty, whatever analytical tool you care to use. We really had very little, so even small things were a source of great joy.
The major thing I wanted but never got was a mother, probably. Failing that a bit of love wouldn't have gone amiss.
3: What's the furthest from home you've been?
Haaaaah, physically, one of the Greek Islands, probably Andros or Lesbos. Emotionally, I have been to some very dark and depressing places no one in my immediate circle would recognise. Very far away indeed.
4: What's one thing you've always wanted to learn but haven't yet?
Aikido
5:. What are your plans for the weekend?
First off savour this wine I am drinking, then find some more. Tomorrow, the usual with nipper number one, up early and off to swimming then karate. Bit of shopping while he is at it. Its his birthday Sunday but a load of his mates are coming over to go to the pictures tomorrow which will leave me in charge of the other two. Will try and find some commentary on Blues v Bolton but whether I will be able to actually listen anyway is another matter. Sunday..gawd knows, birthday related stuff and celebrating a lottery win I expect.

A track by track evaluation of Abbey Road by George Harrison.

Iraq has used chemical weapons against Iranian soldiers and vice versa. But has Iraq, as is frequently stated, used chemical weapons against its own people? Well, maybe it has and maybe it hasn't

I hope old spionkop doesn't mind me posting stuff he sends me but some of it is inspired, like this:
P.S. Bushes foreign minister (quote of the day from The Lord Admiral Nelson) will bring in emergency powers to stop the march in february but you will be allowed to march in march when we are all dead.
I suspect The Lord Admiral Nelson is a boozer!

Chinese new year

Bluetitch finally gets around to sticking a five up:
1) Name one thing you would change about yourself.
2) Name one thing you would change about your partner.
3) Name one thing you would change about your house or where you live.
4) Name one thing you would change about your job ( not your wages).
5) Name one thing you would like to change about your lifestyle

1 My negative and cynical attitude
2 Not a single thing
3 Soundproofing
4 I would gladly rearrange the features of the Fuck Faced Cowbag
5 I would change nothing; in the grand scheme of things we are where we are meant to be at this precise moment.

Chuffin bellydancing!, wot sits on yer wotsits.

File sharing with kindred spirits, it could catch on.

L.A Weekly piece on the State of the Union address. The most depressing thing about this is the claim that a triumverate led by James Carville have advised that the dems have to say nothing in order to win the next election, which is why high profile democrats applauded the draft dodgers most bellicose statements.
Carville of course, along with the sickeningly young and photogenic Greek are credited with winning the election for Clinton. I thought they did it by expressing ideals, not hiding them. Still, you can't blame them they are earning a living giving advice, it is mendacious politicians who are following it. Hilary Clinton is a duplicitous harridan, I hope she gets her comeuppance. Bill should be ashamed of her.

Buddy and Judy Miller

No comments: