Sunday, June 09, 2002

What is with South American footballers and mullets?. Between them Mexico, Costa Rica and Ecuador sported the finest selection since I don't know when. Mexico isn't in South America I know, call it poetic license.
Well my mrs did it again, 7.30 wake up call, this time for Mexico v Ecuador. At least this time there was a decent game to watch through my unaccustomed early morning fug. The Mexico manager seemed to be enjoying himself, I like that.
Both Turkey and Costa Rica had chances to win at the death. I would have laughed my socks off if Costa Rica had managed it. Genuine shock when Japan beat Russia. Unfortunately subsequent riot in Moscow has left at least one person dead. This is becoming an increasingly interesting, as well as entertaining world cup

No comments: