Saturday, September 07, 2002

It doesn't take a genius to work out that the fresh produce sold to us in supermarkets is tasteless, homogenised crap. This article goes some way to explaining why. It doesn't explain how our local Sainsburys in Cwmbran never has any mushrooms or bananas you would actually buy. Brown, mottled smelly things they are, a street market would knock big bags of them out for next to nothing. While I am at it you can't get courgettes or aubergines that aren't soft and pulpy either, in fact the whole fruit and veg department is an insult to fruit and veg everywhere. Milk from that store always goes off well in advance of its sell by date too.

Some fantastic images of New York and Chicago. (via mefi)

Why worry, when you can play air hockey. I thought I was good at it, but I'm not. I'm crap.

My Mrs has been driving me barmy these last few weeks with endless requests to remove spiders from the house. She reckons they are bigger in both size and number than they have ever been. Well, bugger me she is right.

Fray has some diverting stuff on it.

It appears that Saddam has learnt his lesson from the last war, whatever happens, it will be messy.

History of the World Trade Centre. (Definitely worth registering with New York Times)

No comments: