Monday, October 07, 2002

I was dismayed on my daily visit to Arts and Letters Daily to find it is no longer there. The news is not all bad though, the archives are available and Philosophy and Literature appears to be the very same site.

I know little about baseball and even less about Barry Bonds, but this article is fascinating.

Afghanistan, one year on.

Oh dear. I am afraid it is another Guardian link. Mathew Engels tribute to the brilliant writer, Frank Keating, who has retired, complete with links to some of his best efforts. Definitely worth wasting some time on. I will give the Guardian a rest I think, even though there is loads more I could post, it has been so good recently. Believe it or not, I have shown great restraint.

The people of Italy make their point re war. Well, a great many of them anyway.

Richard Dawkins comes over all anti catholic.

It is a great deal harder to chuck a virtual paper aeroplane than you might imagine.

I wish I had been aware of this poem by Rumi when I committed matrimony.
This Marriage
May these vows and this marriage be blessed.
May it be sweet milk,
this marriage, like wine and halvah.
May this marriage offer fruit and shade
like the date palm.
May this marriage be full of laughter,
our every day a day in paradise.
May this marriage be a sign of compassion,
a seal of happiness here and hereafter.
May this marriage have a fair face and a good name,
an omen as welcomes the moon in a clear blue sky.
I am out of words to describe
how spirit mingles in this marriage.


No comments: