Monday, July 01, 2002


Brazil won it, I don't think I was alone in being past caring by the end. I found both finalists particularly charmless, and despite having its moments, the whole tournament was somewhat sullied by various controversies, which I can't be bothered with now.

Just discovered Piano Magic. There must be loads of stuff like this about that just doesn't get heard. 4ad helpfully provides some snippets of reviews and a downloadable track from "Writers without Homes" and a couple of of other, earlier things.

Also discovered, long after the rest of the human race ,it seems, Asa Chang :Hana. This is music to both stir and calm the soul. I have never heard anything like it. Some information and a downloadable video of "Hana" can be found at his record labels website. He seems a bit of a character.

No comments: