Saturday, July 27, 2002

A nice spud recipe

Dissect a frog

As I suspected, a rolled up newspaper is no use against a running bull. I am crap at this game, use cursers keys to manouevre and space bar to whack the bugger.



The website of the Brazilian photographer SebastiĆ£o Salgado is well worth a few minutes of anyones time.

Buy a second hand book.

Thanks,yet again, to Plep, for alerting the world to some classic pictures from Life magazine

Courtesy of the BBC at Womad, I have been introduced to something else beautiful, that I had previously been unaware of. Fado is described as Portugese blues, but I think it has more to it than that. Radio 3 and BBC 4 provided us with snippets of a performance from Mariza, who both looks and sounds extraordinary.
There is an interesting account of its history and traditions here.
This poem is rather good, its relationship to actual Fado I cannot comment on, it's a bloody good poem anyway.

No comments: